Raspberry Coconut Oat Muffins
Raspberry Coconut Oat Muffins By Arie-Elle of Nourish and Inspire Me
Makes 6 large muffins.
Gluten-free (use almond meal instead of oat flour).
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour/almond meal – simply wizz some oats in your blender and you have oat flour!
- 3 tablespoon raw honey/coconut nectar/rice malt syrup – rice malt syrup is not as sweet so you may need more
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 heaped tablespoon organic natural sheeps yoghurt
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 4 tablespoons coconut milk for chia seeds
- 1 cup frozen organic raspberries
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
WHAT TO DO
1. Preheat oven to 210 degrees celsius
2. In a small bowl mix chia seeds and 4 tablespoons of coconut milk and set aside to absorb
3. In a medium bowl whisk 4 eggs until frothy
4. In another large bowl add coconut flour, oat flour/almond meal, desiccated coconut and baking soda – mix well
5. In a small pot melt coconut oil and honey briefly and set aside to cool for 2 minutes
6. Add chia seeds, yoghurt, vanilla essence, coconut oil and honey to the eggs and mix well
7. Now combine the egg mixture with the flours and mix well
8. The mixture should be thick, not runny. If the mixture is too thick add a little more coconut milk (about 1 tablespoon)
9. Now mix through your frozen raspberries and gently fold through
10. Spoon mixture into muffin tin – the mixture will be thick and may hold its shape a little, that’s ok, it’s supposed to be that. Use your spoon to press each muffin into it’s mould and create a round dome on top for perfectly shaped muffin tops!
11. Pop into the oven on 210 degrees celsius for 35 mins or until golden and then allow them to cool on a cooling rack
12. Serve with honey and fresh yoghurt or organic butter!