Rainbow Salad - By Luxton Clinic
FOR YOUR SALAD BOWLS
> 2 cups of baby spinach
> 1 cup of cooked quinoa
> 1 (small) roasted sweet potato cut in half
> 4 sticks of blanched asparagus (chopped)
> 4 tablespoons of beetroot sauerkraut (Pat’s Veg)
> 6 cherry tomatoes (quartered)
> 1 yellow squash (thinly sliced)
> 2 tablespoons of goji berries
> ½ mango (chopped)
> 4 radishes (thinly sliced)
> 1 cup of blanched broccoli (chopped)
> 1 avocado (smashed)
> ½ pomegranate seeds
> 2 tablespoons of sesame seeds
> 2 tablespoons of chopped almonds
> 4 tablespoons of cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
> 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
> ½ lemon juiced
> 1 tablespoon of toasted sesame oil
> Grind of salt and pepper
1. Cook quinoa.
2. Roast the sweet potato.
3. Lightly blanch asparagus and broccoli - let cool.
4. Chop all ingredients.
5. In a small jar combine olive oil, lemon juice, ACV and sesame oil. Add salt and pepper to season. Shake jar.
6. In large mixing bowl place baby spinach and pour half the dressing over the top.
7. Toss leaves and then divide into two bowls to begin creating your salad.
8. Divide all other ingredients into two and place on top of spinach.
9. Top with sesame seeds, goji berries, pomegranate seeds and chopped almonds.
10. Pour remaining dressing over the top of all ingredients.