Creating a sacred space
Creating a sacred space
By Loretta Carraro, Nourished Energy
Whether it is a physical place or a space you can escape to in your mind, everyone needs a sacred space to reconnect, feel more grounded and centred.
1. Find a suitable space. You may be lucky enough to have an entire room to yourself, or perhaps a small section of a room or a portable sacred space for travelling.
2. Once you have found a spot, remove the clutter, give it a clean then smudge the area and clear away any negative energy.
3. Now it's time to decorate. You need to love this space. After all, this is a reflection of your own relationship with yourself. You are deserving of this beautiful and positive environment, you are worthy of respect, you are sacred.
4. Write down your intention or goal
5. Add some crystals that align with what you are wanting to achieve. You can create a grid and leave them in your sacred space for as long as you like.
6. Essential oils and salt lamps are another great addition to your space. I always recommend adding natural elements – feathers, plants, shells and other pieces you find and of course, flowers!
7. Have fun with creating your space and change it up as much as you feel you need to.
SACRED (MENTAL) SPACE
1. Sit down in a comfy position and take a few deep breaths. Now think about your intention and what you would want your sacred space to be used for.
2. Take yourself to your most favourite place in the world - real or imagined.
3. Use all your senses to bring this space to life. What does it smell like? What can you see? Taste? Hear? How does it feel?
4. Once you are there, find a spot – like a rock by the river or up in a tree. This is your sacred space. You have permission to go here whenever you need to. Once you have discovered your sacred space, choose your crystals to have with you on your journey.
Are you interested in further exploring sacred spaces, sacred geometry, crystals and how to heal with crystals? Then don't miss out on Loretta's Crystal Therapy Workshop on 26 November 2017. Her first one sold out well before the workshop date so be sure to check it out ASAP! Click here for details.
We're proud to have Loretta and Nourished Energy part of the Nourish Melbourne Community. Nourish Melbourne Members save on all Reiki, Crystal Healing and Health Coaching consultations with Loretta (20% off initial and 15% off ongoing consults), as well 15% off her online store! Find out more here or if you're not yet a Nourish Melbourne Member and want to know how you can save on all things wellness click here.