Chicken and Quinoa salad recipe
A beautiful and nourishing chicken and quinoa salad recipe which will have everyone loving brussel sprouts!
> 2 cups of shredded chicken
> 2 cups of cooked quinoa
> 12 Brussels sprout, trimmed, cut in half
> 1 red onion, peeled, cut into wedges
> 2 zucchini, cut 1cm pieces on the diagonal
> 4 large handfuls of rocket
> ½ cup parsley, finely chopped
> ½ cup mint, finely chopped
> ½ cup pumpkin seeds
Dressing: 3 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, salt and pepper.
1. Preheat the oven to 200⁰C (leave the tray in the oven while preheating).
2. Once at temperature place a sheet of baking paper over the tray and place a tablespoon of coconut oil on top to melt. Toss the Brussels sprouts, zucchini and red onion in the coconut oil and roast for 30minutes or until browned.
3. Meanwhile toast the pumpkin seeds in a dry fry pan until starting to pop and turn lightly golden. Set aside.
4. Combine the chicken, quinoa, rocket, parsley, and mint. When the roasted vegetables are ready add them in, and also the toasted pumpkin seeds.
5. Add the dressing and toss well before serving.